Friday, March 6, 2009

Toasters

You know, there's not much to toasters, though I must admit I'm curiously intrigued with the modern toaster. Why all the electronics? Give me a burntness dial and a plunger lever, why do I need to have all those fancy type-def' settings for things I never eat that require a manual to figure out? Have you ever found yourself doing UAT on your toaster to find that "groove" where your toast or bagel doesn't come out black or lukewarm? It's hard enough with one knob, but now you have buttons and knobs that all need testing. What a waste! If the button labeled "Bagel" actually worked, it would be great, but since it doesn't work, why put it on the toaster?

I would much rather buy a toaster from a manufaturer that spent time and design money on the asthetics of the toaster. Hey, let's make this thing look and feel like a 1920's juke box or gas pump, or some kind of Jetson's appliance. Or even just plain square but make it so solid you need a winch to move it, but it'll be the last toaster you buy!

Food for thought, happy toasting!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, after I ranted about toasters, I basically found the toaster of choice at, you guessed it! toasters.com.

    http://www.toasters.com/toasters/best-toasters/waringwct800rproheavyduty4slottoaster.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. While that toaster is very cool, it's 298 stinkin' bucks!!!

    Sorry hon. No.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I found this toaster, now we're talking!

    http://www.buy.com/prod/russel-hobbs-rhg2tsw-crystalencrusted-bling-toaster/q/loc/66357/211100598.html?adid=17654&dcaid=17654

    ReplyDelete